View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 05:43 PM   #39
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
It's unfortunate that this book is so expensive. It's a good book, and well worth the read. I have a DT copy, which I can use if we select it, or my libraries both have the audio version immediately available. (There's a significant wait for the eBook, unfortunately, though I'll likely get it in time, with luck.)
Sorry CRussel. My library’s wait is quite short, and since it’s an older book, I assumed it wouldn’t be bad for others either. But since ever library is local, it’s hard to know.

That said, it seems to me that ebook prices have been edging up to paper prices the last couple of years. And I’m always appalled when I check the Australian prices! They frequently make me take a potential nomination off the table.

PS -what’s a “DT copy”?

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I get the feeling we're playing chicken.

I've had more possibilities than I have remaining nominations, but deciding to go with the OverDrive option made it easy. So I'm seconding Bread and Roses and thirding My Life in France.
Yup, I’m playing chicken So for my final vote, I third Forty Fathoms Deep

Last edited by Victoria; 08-05-2019 at 05:53 PM.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote