Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello. Welcome to MobileRead.

If you're assessing the applicability of eBook readers to your job ... I strongly believe that mobile employees could benefit from having their work documentation easily available in a hand-held reader. Laptops are good up to a point, but the screens are almost impossible to read in bright light. The e-Ink screens are ideal in almost all lighting conditions, but the current crop of them don't fit documentation that is sized for printing (A4 or US-letter sized). I've tried converting some of my corporate documentation to the reflowable formats best used with my Kindle and Sony readers -- works very well when I have access to the document source. Converting PDF files has not been very satisfying. I like the idea of an tablet PC with an e-Ink screen instead of the usual LCD. I don't think such a device exists; closest being the Illiad.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote