View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #74
SquiddOhio
Connoisseur
SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.

Device: Kindle Touch
No. I tried that first, of course, but the magnets are too weak to trigger the switch; the leather is thick, and the corner retaining band also adds more space between the magnet and the switch. A magnet big enough to trigger the switch from inside the pocket would be too big to fit inside the pocket.
Not that you should not try to find one.
Let us know.
Finally, the piece of magnet that I cut, shown in the photos above, may be a bit larger than necessary - I did not run a lot of tests. As far as I was able to determine, however, to be reliable it should be about that size. Also, the strip has sharp edges which I rounded off a bit with a Dremel tool.
This is the best I can do.
I've obviously got some time on my hands, but there is a limit.
SquiddOhio is offline   Reply With Quote