View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Hmmm. I wonder what the reasoning is for explicitly stating it isn't supported, then?
Amazon, in their infinite wisdom, might have decided to include support for this particular selector, because it's often used in dropcaps styles, and since none of the other pseudo classes seem to be supported in KF8, the tech writers most likely assumed that none of them are supported.

OTOH, the publication guidelines also contains recommendations such as "Publishers can include their own font for their content. Amazon has a quality assurance process to ensure that these fonts display well on e Ink-based devices and do not impair the reading experience. Do not include the Charis font; it is replaced with a higher quality font in the Kindle Readers."
I. e., whoever maintains the style guide might not be the most knowledgeable person.

Quote:
Does it do something unspeakable on the plain mobi side of the conversion?
It's simply being ignored.

Quote:
It's one thing to have undocumented support for something, but I would think there'd be a reason of some sort for expressly saying it's not supported.
Well, there's the off chance that this particular selector might trigger a secret self-destruction count-down timer...
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote