View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 12:29 PM   #43
jyavenard
Zealot
jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted-san View Post
Ok, Success, almost...

I manually executed the kindle_update_tool to see if I could trace the problem. The first thing I found was that I had no .sh files in my new v23 dir, so for testing, I copied the .sh files I had that worked for the last hack. However, I'm guessing that I need new .sh files for the current hack?
I don't see how that could explain why the OpenSSL call was failing ; what else did you do to get it to work?

Quote:
So the good thing is that everything works now but I think I need new .sh files.

<edited>
ok so I went through and took your droid update, extracted the files, and got the install-droid.sh. Can I just replace the old install.sh with this one and rebuild the .bin?

I'd play around and test it myself but I don't want to risk bricking my K2 at this point.

<edited again!>
I bit the bullet and tried it on my K2. All is good. So now I'm making my batch files and rebuilding all my fonts for the three platforms.

I just want to confirm that I can use the same .sh file for the K2, K2i and DX. Don't want to screw anybody up by putting out install files that don't work on platforms that I can't test....

Thanks for your help.-ted
The install file I got for Droid is the one I took from Blog Kindle site. Droid is probably not the best one to start with because it only has one font file and create links for all the others...

Looking at your original packages ; your original install file is good , there's no need to use another one. I would stick to yours..

Only thing maybe is change how the prettyversion.txt is modified with this line:
Code:
sed -i -e "s/)\( + UFH\(ack\)\? [0-9]\.[0-9]\)\?/) + UFH 0.2/" /etc/prettyversion.txt
That way your package will update all the other font packages found out there.

The install.sh found in the newer blog kindle version does thing that aren't necessary ; like deleting all .bin file found on the /mnt/us directory. The system already does that after running the install; it's just redundant.
(and IMHO, a script should never delete files he didn't put in the first place)
jyavenard is offline   Reply With Quote