View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #8
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
...I first discovered him on a recommendation from the local bookstore to read his detective series - I think the first book was A Drink Before the War. ...
Hopped over to Amazon and see that Shutter Island and Mystic River are available at a pretty good price (6.39 USD), but A Drink Before the War is not available for the Kindle. I was gonna start with that one--hate it when that happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michizzle View Post
...I know what you mean about knowing books are good but not remembering much about them. I do that all the time. ...
Same here. I consider it an advantage--when I re-read a book, it's always a new experience.
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote