View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #123
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I was trying to figure out the total data load for each frame.

it's bugger all compared to the video.

I think just sandwiching it on for a quickie test now wouldn't hurt as POC.

Then tidy it up once it's proven to work.

Your thoughts? If I'm honest I'm rather struggling to visualise how to manually get the file I need to get cracking decoding/streaming it.

I guess its going to be in the ffmeg stuff perhaps. I'll try to find something to encode not sure I'll have much in the way of video. donations gratefully accepted. Perhaps I can grab an open license one from somewhere. not my area of expertise I'm afraid.
On the K5, I successfully played x.264 1080p video in realtime using ffmpeg, piped to raw2gmv, piped to gmplay. I had another instance running in the background that piped audio from ffmpeg to aplay. This works because the K5 returns from eink update calls immediately so you can sleep, inside of being stuck in a busy loop in the system call on the K3. I am glad the newer kindles have less CPU-intensive eink updates.

I think I pubished raw2gmv awhile back. Here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2074379

You would need to interleave audio in raw2gmv (perhaps stdin plus a name pipe in). Then deinterleave in gmplay.

Or, perhaps use two named pipes (/tmp/gmv and /tmp/gma) for raw2gmv input? I think ffmpeg can output to named pipes.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-11-2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: fixed bad URL
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote