View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #121
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Well, with these settings:

usage: ./tones -f 4000 -D hw -c 2 -v -r16000 -mdirect_write
and zcat gmvid.gmv.gz | ./gmplay-1.5a

It is possible to get the two halves to run - happily - on the kindle 3 - without dying.

Now, to get some audio piped through it... any thoughts on how best to "interleave / stream / load / whatever " the data out of ffmpeg? I suppose I better go dig up a man page.

I'm looking for RAW data with ideally RAW wav data strapped to it in some sensible fashion. or at worst something I can decode without trampling on someones IP.

I think I could manage ac3 for example. I think.

Anyways thought I would report the extremely low cpu usage in that mode.
I'll see about getting something other than a stupidly modulated sine out of the demo.

Thanks GM
For compatibility with old gmplay, I was thinking the audio (and any other header info) could overlay part of the image. Either the edges, or for less visual annoyance, just change 8x8 dither blocks to use "non-standard" dither patterns to encode bits. But I would rather avoid hacks and just make a new version of gmplay that supports audio and file headers.

For max decode speed and minimum code, I still want 600x800 pre-dithered video, and let zcat to the decompression.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote