View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #5
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Quote:
In particular, since you list the spine elements and are able to add them to the TOC, could you also list the <href=> and their corresponding <id=> locations so that ALL internal links could be added to the TOC (probably nested to better present them. I would probably add them to level1 TOC and have them added as level2 TOC entries for them in sequential/page order and maybe create some level3 sub-compartmentalizations) .
the href are actually there in a tooltip inside the TOC & reading order, I guess I could add their position from the spine to make sure they are it the right order.

Quote:
- when I used the Go button to edit the TOC and Reading Order (with a large .epub file), the GUI disappeared for 20-30 seconds, but I knew it hadn't crashed as Sigil does the same thing when loading large .epubs when I use it with "Open With..." from Windows Explorer.
- I waited and then was rewarded with your TOC screen, but the reading order screen didn't show up and was placed right behind that first screen.
- I used the Add button when editing the TOC, and was presented with a blank screen with the heading "File", though no files were listed. I didn't know if it hadn't found any or was still collecting same.
- I was extracting the file when opening the TOC editor (only for the preview), but didn't see any kind of slow down (on my Core i7), maybe your large ePub was why it was waiting to have it all extracted. I did a small change so that it will start extracting them when the form was finished loaded.
- The reading order should open after the TOC editor, they should not be opened at the same time, I can see why it could be useful, but having two thread writing to the same file could be disastrous.
- If you have a blank screen in the Add windows, there is 2 possibility:
1 - All the files are already present in the TOC or Reading order
2 - The program looks inside the manifest to find files to add, it look of file of type html (or xhtml), if the type is something else it is normal it didn't show them. I already did a fix (not yet released) that will also look at the file extension, if the type is not html.

I tried with a lot of file, but not everybody uses the same specs, so it hard to determine all book. Maybe you could send me your book or just your toc and opf file to at least be sure, if there should be something in the Add window.

About the initial form hiding I could leave it opened, it just seemed more clean this way (I might not have anticipated the impact of very large files, all my test where almost instantaneous). That is why I posted it, to have user comments, I feel that right now it does everything I wanted to do, but there might be something else to add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneS View Post
Marvelous utility. Please keep working on it.

I've noted two apparent problems.

The first problem is in setting the Sigil path. I have two installations of Sigil. One is version 0.3.4 in Program Files\Sigil. The other is version 0.1.9 in Program Files\Sigil 0.1.9. It doesn't seem to matter which version I have selected using ePUBFixer's "Set Sigil Path", only Sigil 0.1.9 comes up when I select "Edit in Sigil".

The second issue is that nothing seems to happen when I check on the "Fix Margins" option and then select the "Go" button except that the ePUBFixer menu blinks momentarily. Perhaps I'm just missing a step somewhere.

Thanks for putting this together.
You are right about the Sigil path, if it detects the Sigil executable in it's normal locaiton program file etc... it will use it instead, I could just remove the check and force people to set the path first.

Also the fix margins don't have any box, it just does it, maybe a message box would be great (i removed it at first because of it poping when selected multiple tool) all the options will be run in the order they are shown Margins->Sigil->Toc->Reading order for every book selected.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote