View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 07:35 PM   #61
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jue View Post
You are absolutely right, the gargoyle.sh file I uploaded in my previous post is exactly your original file. Sorry, I did not pay attention. So it suffices to just add the two .so files in the lib folder.

Unfortunately, it does not work with your recompiled libgarglk.so. It just prints 'Segmentation fault' in the terminal. Is there a way to get debug information on a kindle?

ldd shows both the new and old libgarglk.so are dynamically linked to libpng16, which it finds on the kindle (/usr/lib/libpng16.so.16). Why does it need both versions 12 and 16? Could this be a problem?
It will do no harm if both are present, the symbols are versioned.
Note: That there are (for instance) two builds of kTerm, one uses the old libraries, one uses the new libraries.

baf posted that he had linked the libraries in, staticly.
Something may have gone wrong in that process.

To debug:
Set the environment variable:
LD_DEBUG=all
(all possible information)
LD_DEBUG=help
(other possible settings)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote