View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 08:51 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Surprising (for me) Discovery : I have a small book open in Sigil and I right click on the index.xhtml file and edit with Notepad++. Then I save the changes in Notepad++. The changes I just made are immediately apparent in Sigil - the text in the code view window changes before my very own eyes

I'm sure this is by design, not the sort of thing that happens inadvertently. I suspect we're probably all saying the same thing from different perspectives. I am not sure it's germane to OPs issue, that's why a made my post OT.

Added : it's also what Toxaris said Sigil did. I guess I'd prefer a warning like Notepad++ has. But, I never edit epub component files outside of sigil while sigil has the epub open. I prefer to unzip the epub, do the editing (most often images) and rezip the epub. For no good reason I have a prejudice against deep process trees

Feel free to delete posts 7-10 - over and out.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-20-2015 at 09:19 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote