View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 04:59 AM   #45
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
The biggest surprise is that Word doesn't have 98% of our market. It has 50%. And Open Office has 25% or half as much. So in this group Microsoft have definitely lost ground. (I know that a sample of 50 is not statistically valid, but anyway.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbvanyoos View Post
Use something long enough and you are just comfortable with it, bugs and all.
This was their big secret - familiarity - and it wouldn't surprise me to learn that they have, in fact, lost a lot of users to, for example, Open Office, when they downgraded the user interface to the state of it in 2007. My wife has always used Word since she's sufficiently technically incompetent (her own evaluation) not to be able to save a document in doc format (or pdf) for sending to someone who doesn't have Open Office. (Although recently she's been saving in pdf for those who have older versions of Word and can't read docx. There's hope yet!) But even she is having second thoughts now. I am no longer able to pull rabbits out of the hat for her when she gets stuck since I can't understand the interface any longer.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote