View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSheri View Post
Good to hear! Though it would make sense for me to get the Blackberry Playbook, and even though the Kindle Fire is cheaper, my gut instincts says to go with the Nook Tablet! Glad to hear you're enjoying it! I may cave in in a couple weeks and join you!
I've always been a fan of Amazon and I love the Kindle readers but, when comparing the NT to the Fire, there was no comparison for me. The fact that the NT ships with twice as much memory and has an SD slot, where the Kindle has none was all it took. This fact alone was worth the extra $50 to me.

The main thing is that I had to root it in order to really unlock it's potential. Compared to the full Android Marketplace, the B&N app store offers an embarrassingly small number of apps and charges more for them, many of which are less expensive or even free on the Android Marketplace.

On a more superficial note, the fact that the NT is a much nicer looking device, at least to me, was just icing on the cake.

- Byron

Last edited by bfollowell; 02-07-2012 at 03:48 PM.
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote