View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 06:26 AM   #134
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by roland1 View Post
I can go one better than the em dash by confessing here that I use BOTH US AND UK SPELLING SIMULTANEOUSLY! [gasp.]

I find that certain words, like color, are WAY more economical on the eyes than all that leftover latin/french "u" stuff that we Canadians still have to slog around.

At other times, there are US spellings like "traveler" which look like a spelling error to me until I add the extra "L". And why is it not "speling" in US if it can be "traveler"?

Insanity. I am drawing a line in the digital sand. From here on in, I'm spelling my way.

I just published the kindle and regular epub versions of my new book today using the more modest css styling set as suggested by you folks.

Thanks again for that. (AND Hitch for suggesting the .2em padding on the paragraphs which I think gives it some of the lost finesse of books that are trying to save paper by cramming too much stuff together. [cough cough, em dash, cough cough.]
It's not about saving space. It's about how it looks and the .2em space does not look good.

I also agree that you should not mix different regions spellings. Go for the one where you think your book will sell best.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote