View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Smashwords Meatgrinder Formatting

I've just uploaded my first book to Smashwords and I'm a bit disappointed with the formatting job that meatgrinder made of my book (yes, I did slavishly follow the Smashwords Style Guide).

My biggest problem is with bullet point lists and numbered lists.

In the Mobi formatted ebook, when viewed on a Kindle 4, I get a bullet point and then the text for that point appears on the next line. When viewed in Calibre I get the text on the same line as the bullet but it's indented a long way to the right of the bullet point, and if the text wraps to the next line then the second line is not indented to the same position as the line above (instead it is somewhere between the bullet point and the first line). Numbered lists are the same; on the Kindle I get the number and then the text appears indented on the next line down, in Calibre the text is on the same line as the number but indenting is too much.

The PDF and ePub versions show the bullet and numbered lists correctly (ePub viewed in Calibre, haven't tried it on my Kobo yet).

Is it possible to use real lists with meatgrinder or should I use fake lists as suggested here?
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote