View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
B&N don't make it easy to like them. Over here in the UK, with the recent price slashing I treated myself to a Glowlight (wanted a light 'cos I'm waiting for cataract ops) for reading and a Simple Touch for hacking. They are both great. When the HD+ was reduced I got one so I could read magazines as PDFs in colour. And very good it is too. So then I do my usual trick and try to buy a few spare cables. The 30pin USB plug that the HD+ and HD use is hard to find in the UK. It has turned up on the B&N site as an import which from the photos seems to mean it has a US USB adaptor and the cable for £15 which is a lot when all I want is the cable. I emailed support and got no reply. The HD+ is good to use but the lack of support and shortage of basic cables is worrying. This morning I get a mailshot from nook which says "All Accessories up to 40% Off!" over a picture of HD+ cases and accessories. On investigation is is obvious that "up to 40% Off" also includes 0% off as far as the 30pin cable etc goes.

I've stopped recommending Nook kit to friends. Apart from the Glowlight.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote