View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 07:06 AM   #26501
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panchax View Post
Just finished The Hunchback of Notre Dame By Victor Hugo. Incredible. This second of his books that I have read. I think the defining elements of his style are a focus on 'the big picture', rather than the story actually being told in the book, a somewhat detached point of view, and the way he defines his characters by their weaknesses rather than their strengths.
I loved that book! I find the translation makes a big difference though. One version I had was full of wonderful flowing prose, another more stilted.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote