View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 12:06 PM   #26497
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I'm guessing:

Spoiler:

George RR Martin
Jim Butcher? - Not sure about this one. I didn't really get on with the first Dresden book.
Patrick Rothfuss

I started Wheel of Time in 1993 or 1994, and I still haven't read the last 3. They're on the list. I've waited this long. Why rush now.
We've got a winner.
Have a

A Song of Ice and Fire - G.R.R. Martin
The Dresden Files - Jim Butcher (he has also started and finished the Codex Alera series and started the Cinder Spires series since starting The Dresden Files)
The Kingkiller Chronicle - Patrick Rothfuss

I didn't list Sanderson because while it has taken a little while to get the Stormlight Archive going since initial publication (2010), book 3 is due this year and in the mean time he has also written three books for the Wheel of Time, three books in the Mistborn universe, a complete trilogy in the Reckoners universe, and several novellas and collections. Yes, it might be a while between books of the Stormlight Archive but he has still averaged a couple books a year.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote