Thread: PRS-900 Newest Sony Arrived (900)
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 12:56 AM   #6
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Do you have a 300 and a 505? These both have good, clear screens because they don't have the touch layer. They have 8 levels of grey scale instead of 16, but are still bright and readable (especially with a dark font like Constantia). As JSWolf will mention, they don't have hyphenation or justification. And neither has a dictionary feature. (I should mention, there seems to be a lot of these and they're cheap.)

I think (sooner or later) I'll probably sell my 600 and 900 and won't be looking to pick up a 500 or 700 or T3 (in other words, I won't be trying to collect them all as I've got too many eReaders). I did pick up a T1 off Shop Goodwill for $10 plus s/h – it looks to be in good condition (advertised as working, but no picture showed it turned on) and it's supposed to arrive on Saturday. It's white, so it's the one I plan to put in the white lighted cover you linked. And I will continue to look for a 650, as I would like to have the complete x50 set.
I have both the 300 and 505 and agree that they are better than the PRS-600 or 900 as far as screen reflections are concerned. In the same class as the x50 and T series units. Sony did at least have the gonads to try new technology even if it was not quite ready for the consumer market. By the time Kindle introduced their first touch screen the reflectivity problem had a solution.

Last edited by Richwood; 02-03-2018 at 03:42 AM.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote