Thread: Sage Kobo Sage opinions
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 09:15 AM   #131
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
How do sales figures contradict my statement? I said "it seems", a clear indication that it was my impression, not a statement of empirical fact. And as Kobo has not released an audiobook capable device in at least the last 3 years, there are no sales data to contradict my impression either, any more than there are data to support it.

The fact that Kobo hasn't sold any audiobook capable devices likely has much more to do with the fact that they didn't make any than that such devices weren't popular.
I said how I came to my opinion, with actual sales figures. You came to an opinion based on your perception of "many" people asking for audio book support.

The link I provided was for audiobook sales, not audiobook device sales; I'm not sure why you bring device sales into this?

You said "many people", not "many MR people" or "many current ereader owners". Since you apparently referred to people in general, the sales figure, along with price of audiobooks vs ebooks, is a much stronger indication then your impression?

As anecdotal evidence, look at the forum for audiobooks on MR? How many posts in that section vs how many posts in other sections?

It is hard to argue with many, but many more seems like a poor impression.*

Many people have asked for audiobook support on MR. It seems to me that many more people have not asked for audiobook support on MR. Many people say that it is better to use your phone for audiobooks. Kobo has been selling audiobooks for many years.

*Of course, everyone is entitled to their impression.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote