View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 10:03 PM   #107
meeera
Wizard
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O2, iPadMini4, MBP; support AuraHD,Kindle,KAura
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboyedi View Post
Wow, this discussion is drifting towards flat-earther territory,
I agree, though perhaps not quite in the same way that you mean this.

Quote:
It's classical physics guys!
It's the physics-biology interface. Which is complicated, but testable. "BUT IT'S OBVIOUS!!" is not science.

Quote:
There is not a shred of doubt PWM has an effect on people and yes (!), you don't get to have an opinion on that, since it's not up for debate. The only question is to what extent people are affected.
Absolutely no one has disputed the fact that low frequency PWM can have a biological effect on people. What is in debate is whether PWM at 1000 Hz can have a biological effect on people. So far, no evidence has been presented of this. Again, feel free to present some, if you can find it.

I have no doubt that knowledge of its existence can have a psychological effect, and there is very good evidence for the nocebo effect as a phenomenon. It would take some good science to winkle that effect out, and I've seen none.

Last edited by meeera; 01-14-2020 at 10:05 PM.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote