Thread: Libra USB C
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 08:11 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apparition B5 View Post
I have both a new Kobo Libra H2O and a new notebook computer. However, the new notebook only has two USB C ports. Would something like this work for connecting the Libra to my notebook?
I would not buy it. It's too iffy. You have to be VERY careful when you buy a USB-C cable. There are some that do not follow the USB-C spec and because of that, you can get a cable that could damage your electronics

For example, the USB-C splitters/Y-cables are unsafe with 5v devices and should never be purchased.

There are people out there such as Benson Leong who have been testing USB-C cables. If it's Benson approved, it's good to go. If it's approved by one of the other testers, it's also good to go. Otherwise, it's a crap shoot.

Sorry, but USB-C is not regulated enough and some cables are crap and could damage your equipment.

Oh and USB-C extension cables are not part of the USB-C spec and are not approved.

So I suggest you keep looking until you find a USB-C that's certified or if you can, return your notebook for one that doesn't have USB-C ports.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote