View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 11:31 AM   #8
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
The little read around I did, and I should probably emphasis Little, suggested that if you can ensure metadata.db is on a local drive, the other stuff May just work.

Little...May... Are disclaimers. Don't try this at home folks, without taking necessary precautions - lots of backups

A am mildly surprised there is no plug in or approved tweak that safely pushes out only what can safely be pushed to a network location of your choice, and creates all the necessary SIM links or whatever.

A bit like what I did with alll my music , using a crib sheet, when i got my first very small small ssd system drive, so that all the indexing used by other programs still worked

Partly, I used freeware called steammover, which was designed to move large pc games and create sym links, thus fooling the steam client, but it works with anything you need to rehome on a different drive

Last edited by stumped; 01-13-2020 at 11:38 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote