View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 12:00 PM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
more poking around does bring up some suggested workarounds, where you park almost all of the library out on a network and do cute stuff with sym links and env. variables.
but it the author's own FAQ( near the end) it explicitly says do not run calibre on a NAS.
( he's much too polite to say "and don't come crying to me if you do, and it all goes pear shaped" but that's sort of implied )

feel free to google away and also search the forum if you want to get deeper into the technicalities of why it goes wrong and what may alleviate it. Personally i would not risk it, but my own modest library fits Ok on my SSD C: Drive, so I don't need to
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote