View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 08:06 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxall View Post
I just downloaded a bunch of kepubs from https://standardebooks.org/

The Standard Ebooks guide says that I should copy these files straight on the Kobo, without using Calibre (they have a '.kepub.epub' extension).

However I do need to put these books on Calibre first - for practical reasons (library management/backup, etc.).
So I did try to add these ebooks to Calibre library, but the software detects them as simple epubs.

Is there a way to make Calibre read these files as kepubs in a native way, in order to avoid a new and unneeded conversion when I send them to the Kobo device?
First you want to download the KePub Input plugin. Then you want to customize the KoboTouch (or the KoboTouchExtnded driver if that is installed). Make sure KePub is checked. Restart Calibre and then add the KePub eBooks to your library. You can add them to your Kobo as you would an ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote