View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 07:42 PM   #5
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
not a problem

I am currently using Calibre with my Cool-er. Yes Calibre doesn't recognize the device specifically, but if you right click on a book and select save to disk, select only epub format (though you could use another option if you wanted) and then locate the Cool-er from the drop down list, it shows up as a external USB drive, named Cool-er (at least it does on Windows Vista). Then I save it to the My Docs folder. You can even select multiple books and save them to the device that way.

@Lynt666 I would probably wait to get a Cool-er until after the next software gen comes out for it. The device is great don't get me wrong, but it is still hiccuping (ie I had to send mine back cause it totally crashed, they did send me a new one though :-)

Transfer time on books seems resonably quick, though I have not tried sending over more than 50 books or so. I imagine a large collection would indeed take a bit.

Amy

Last edited by sassanik; 07-29-2009 at 07:46 PM.
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote