Thread: Classic Some bugs in 1.3
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by frossie View Post
The nook definitely supports bold text - I have books that use it.

However I have noticed format differences between some books on the nook and iphone reader, which leads me to believe that they are not using the same markup parser, and therefore some may have bugs when others do not. Also, B&N carries two different formats of each book in some cases, so it may be the case that one is wrong and the other is not. You should raise that issue with customer support giving them the specific example.

Not sure what "full reading" means, but my batter life is definitely better than two days with 1.3. Of course I am in airplane mode unless I am dowloading new content.

More/better font selection would definitely be nice, can't argue with that.

I agree about battery life, It sounds more like he has a bad battery. When I have Wi Fi on and do some shopping and do alot of LCD screen use as well as a good chunk of reading I can easily squeeze out 4 days.

In airplane mode, I can get up 8 to 9 days, I usually charge it as soon as it gets under 20% So I probably could actually get 10 if I wanted to push it.

But yeah if you are only getting 2 days then it sounds like you got a defective battery.

Last edited by boswd; 06-01-2010 at 10:43 AM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote