View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 07:56 AM   #6
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
You have to use calibre to do this. Ironically you can't do this very well with LRF files so I often download MOBI, LIT, or ePUB files then convert them to LRF files. Even though most DRM-Free places offer LRF files.

Some readers like MobiePocket can remove margins and change font sizes without having to create a new book. It would have been nice if SONY built the same feature in their software.

=X=
This must be why I haven't noticed any large margins. I use Calibre, but not the newest version. When they switched over to 6.0 they didn't do much with the lrf converter because they knew Sony was going to start supporting ePub. 6.0 was including extra page breaks and blank lines in the lrf files. I installed an older version on another computer and now do the conversions from lit to lrf on it. I can then import it to the newer version of Calibre so that I have all my ebooks in one place. A little extra work, but it's worth it to me.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote