View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 02:57 AM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
in all the footnoted e-books that i have read, the footnote links back to the paragraph it came from. typically, a filepos structure is used e.g. filenote 4 has this coding
Code:
href="../Text/The_Quest__Energy%2C_Security%2C_an_split_041.html#filepos1482143"><span class="calibre10">4</span></a>
what I have messed with though is the footnote superscript styling itself. typically that forces line spacing to expand so a page with several footnote numbers looks unsightly to my eyes.
i.e. the lines with footnotes are spaced wider than other lines. ( in ADE/ sony readers anyway)
So I have altered the footnote numbers from superscripts to regular ( but small font ) numbers to overcome this.

in paper books, this does not seem to be an issue, but in e-books it is often ugly

Last edited by cybmole; 02-07-2012 at 03:01 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote