View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 08:21 PM   #40
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Vanilla's the word. Not to mention, doesn't it still have that bug about not working with any version of IE past...hell, what was it? IE 7?

Are those soft-serve prc's for your personal consumption, or commercial use? What do you do when you're done? Just rename them with the mobi extension?
I've never run into the IE version issue, it's working on Win 10 1607 with IE11. But I only use its PDF Import and PRC (HTML) Output features.

I calibre convert what I get from MobiCreator to RTF (again for consistency reasons), in Word I standardise styling, remove embellishments etc, and save the DOCX (by then it's been skimmed, pasteurised and de-vanilla-ed). I use the Sigil DOCX Import Plugin to create the ePUB, on most documents all I have to do is to tweak the metadata.

I don't convert complex PDFs, its not worth the effort. If I run up against a 'Vanilla' image PDF (rarely), I shove it into Abbyy FR 12, save a DOCX and edit that.

As the song says "The times they are a-changin'". By year's end the IOS/Android app I've mentioned elsewhere will replace me. In March 2012 I volunteered to run a 6 month proof of concept trial, by December it'll be closer to 6 years!!

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-06-2017 at 10:04 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote