View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 05:38 AM   #49
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
in one of my links you'll find an address table of the raw data partition including the offsets for the kernel.

but i doubt that your kernel got corrupted by itself. kernel, initrd and friends are read-only and I see no reason for you to deal with these things.

the kernel might become an issue by mixing non-matching firmware updates / restore sets.

the restore set does not touch the kernel. but firmware updates may do. if you apply the wrong restore set, the kernel might not be compatible.

but i guess your dictionary problems are not related to the kernel. it is more likely a permissions or file system integrity issue.

and last but not least - the stock reader software including the dictionary have bugs...

and last but not least - the dictionary is buggy
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote