View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 10:27 AM   #46
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
And then you get to #8, or #10, or whatever and think, “Wow, this isn’t as good as it used to be and I’ve really got tired of it. Wonder when that happened?”.
Of course. No one makes you read ALL the books. For the most part, though, I REALLY love nice long series.

I love all the Endger's Game books, and the Shadow series. I can't wait for each new volume. This is the only one I know of where the author went back and told the SAME story, only from a different character's pov. They are excellent, what a brilliant marketing strategy.

I loved all the Honor Harrington series books. And all the spin offs.

I have enjoyed, so far, all the 1632 series books I've read (maybe 10 or so). There are many more I haven't YET read. I just needed a break, and then I haven't been motivated to return.

Sharpe's Tiger was the first in a 20 book series with the character Richard Sharpe. Enjoyed them all.

I've enjoyed all of the Alex Cross books. And I believe I am current in that series.

I could go on for a lot longer. The fact that a book is art of a long series is very attractive to me.

Now Tom Clancey's books I've enjoyed. But they are not ALL of the same quality as his first few. But I find them still enjoyable.

I even enjoy many series where the original author has died and someone else is writing: Dune, Jason Bourne, Mitch Rapp, Jack Ryan and Jack Ryan Jr.

Neil Gamon is an author who writes completely new and original single books. He is amazing. I don't know many who can do what he does.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote