View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 04:13 PM   #33276
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Trying to find the best BF computer deal is driving me crazy. HP has very limited configuration options and only uses crippled video cards with half the standard ports missing. The Dell site is a mess - lots of out-of-date info and you have to repeat the same configuration on a dozen base systems to figure out which comes up with the lowest price. Based on Nvidia's video card pricing, the RTX 2070 should be the same price as the RTX 2060 Super, but Dell has it $100 higher, at the same price as the newer and more powerful RTX 2070 Super. They won't answer emails or give useful answers to posted questions. Looks like I may not be getting that new PC this year after all.
So against my better judgement I pulled the trigger on a Dell G5 desktop. I found a base build that was $250 off for BF, and after trying some coupon codes it accepted one for another 12% off. - just too good to pass up and maybe a pricing mistake to stack both discounts. I had another hassle when they called me about some problem with my credit card - had to call my bank to make sure it didn't flag a possible fraud alert or something, then had to call Dell back so they could tell me there's no problem after all. Dell just ain't what it used to be, but then neither is HP so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that Dell come through with the goods...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote