View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 05:47 PM   #12
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
The 2015 update to Lockman's Amplified Bible published by Zondervan is $3.99. I didn't realize until today that it's the new one and the sale is listed with others that end today (Jan. 4).

The blurb makes it sound like it's a minor update, but I find both the underlying translation and presentation style to be quite a bit different than the 1987 edition. For example, here's Genesis 1:14:

1987:
And God said, Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be signs and tokens [of God’s provident care], and [to mark] seasons, days, and years,
2015:
Then God said, “Let there be light-bearers (sun, moon, stars) in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be useful for signs (tokens) [of God’s provident care], and for marking seasons, days, and years;
<snip>
Amazon, at least, did not show the digital list price, for my comparison purposes, so I checked ereaderiq.com. They show $12.99 as the digital list price.

You're a good salesperson. I had decided this morning that I was going to have to exercise self-control and slash my ebook buying expenses. Then comes along your post! ha After seeing your comparison of the readings from Genesis 1, I decided that this is a must-have.

Thanks.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote