View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 04:08 AM   #12
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Watchmen is, of course, a classic. Absolutely brilliant, as is so much of Alan Moore's work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad032000 View Post
I read Watchmen last year, but I think I'm too young to truly appreciate it. I'm sure it was groundbreaking when it came out, but I was concerned with other things at the time... like learning to walk
I don't know why your age would keep you from appreciating it. I was born in '86 but really all it takes is knowledge of the historical context.

I also think League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is brilliant. So sad that the movie turned out to be complete crap. V for Vendetta is also brilliant.

I love Sandman, but I haven't finished it yet. Same with Y the Last Man. I started reading that a few years back, got all caught up to the current issue, and then just failed to pick it up month after month. Now I think I'd have to read it all over again because I've forgotten so much of what happened. Still, Brian K. Vaughan is a great writer. I've had Ex Machina recommended to me countless times and I've been meaning to read Pride of Baghdad since it came out.

Maus and Persepolis are, of course, phenomenal. Has anyone else here read Craig Thompson's Blankets? It's a very well-done coming-of-age story. I highly recommend it.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote