View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #35726
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Amazing. I wonder what cut that is from. I would even hesitate using that for stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I think it's a lot nicer than it looks. Kobe beef is very marbled, but tender as hell. Of course, that might not be as true of the cheaper cuts - only Stitchawl can tell us how those particular ones in the pictures turned out (assuming he actually bought some...).
These would actually be quite tender. Once all that fat is melted out, there isn't very much holding the meat together. The slices are very, very thin, making it a 30 second process to cook them on a slotted grill, then dipped into various sauces for flavoring. The slabs are cooked on a standard grill, but with a 1/4" steak, it's tough to get it medium rare...

I don't usually buy meat this way. There is a wholesale butcher that opens to the public on Sunday mornings, rather large shop with about 15 butchers behind the counters who will cut meat to order. I can select the 'location' on the cow, pig, or lamb, and have them cut exactly what I want. They look at me somewhat askew for the things I ask for, but at the prices they charge, are willing to go along with the crazy foreigner. A few of the butchers are familiar with Western cuts, so that makes it a bit easier.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote