View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #329
Evaristo
Evaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle K4 Black
Hi,

I am an absolute newbie in Kindle (just got the first one, a K4 Black yesterday, with the 4.0.1 firmware), so I might well be asking a stupid question with a simple solution or not provide enough information for solving it. Sorry, if this is the case. I will do my best to describe everything that is or could be relevant in the next paragraph in case it is needed. In the paragraphs following the next paragraph I will make my (probably stupid ) questions.

I am trying to install Kual in the Kindle in order to use Liberator, since I would like to have support for epub and djvu. I have followed the instructions for installation. The Jailbreak was installed successfully (at least I got the final message file) and also both prerequisites (at least I got the message that they had been successfully installed. I chose the files for K4 from all available). When installing the Helper, I saw no "extensions" folder, contrary to my understanding that the folder would already be present, so I just created it as well as a "helper" sub-folder with the contents of the "helper". Then I put the KindleLauncher-1.0.azw2 in the "documents" folder.

In the instructions it is indicated that the KindleLauncher should be run "by clicking new kindlet document in your list", but I see no such option anywhere. How can I access this option?

Since I did not find this option, I then tried to simply open the file, but I got the following error message: "This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item. Please contact the developer." When searching for this message I found someone having the same error in another post and Twobob asked him whether the Kindle was registered. Mine wasn't yet (my first contact with the Kindle was actually jailbreaking it ), so I registered it. The problem remained so I tried to reinstall the prerequisites again, and still the same message appears. Can you please help me with the installation?

Thanks in advance!
Evaristo is offline   Reply With Quote