View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
iPad, iPhone, Mac for college?

My niece asked what devices she should take to her first year of college. She was thinking of buying iMac and iPad. She already has a new iPhone. What do college students use these days?

So far I thought of:

0. Paper and pen. (Personal preference: I gotta have doodling when bored….)
1. Cell phone to record audio. (Possibly convert to text later? How good is the conversion?)
2. Tablet to record audio. (Possibly convert to text later? How good is the conversion?)
3. Tablet to jot handwriting. (Possible convert to text later, though from what I've seen those conversions aren't very good.)
4. Laptap to type notes while in class and do work in dorm. I'm partial to MacBookPro.

Off the top of my head I recommended #4, supplemented where necessary by #1 and #0. That seemed the KISSiest to old-fashioned me. I sure wouldn't want to write a thesis on an iPad.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote