View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
sagefire21
sagefire21 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Help! Aldiko/Wordplayer/FBReader all fail to read my epubs on HTC EVO!!

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help. I've contacted the Calibre community who ruled out Calibre as being the culprit.
Here's what I've done.

I have DRM free epubs. Everything runs fine on Calibre on my desktop and my new Kindle3.

I sync the files over to my Android Evo using Calibre ... all is well. They're on my phone under /ebooks/import/
However, Wordplayer3 still can't read them. Wordplayer says it can't find the Calibre Server and to try a different IP in the form?? I have Evo plugged into the computer as a disk drive and Calibre running. I'm so unsure what the problem could be. Wordplayer crashes altogether when I try to load epub from SDCARD under the menu options.

I tried Aldiko, too. It says there are no books found when I try to Import even though the epub files are right there on my phone. The files are in the correct directory...I tried moving them out of /import/ and moving the epubs all around, but I'm lost. It still won't work.

I tried FBReaderJ, and it says, put the pubs in /Books/ on your SDCard. Check. But as soon as I go looking through the "library" on the app, it locks me out of the folder and says, "permission denied, sorry". What is going on?! I double checked that the files are DRM free...I don't get it. What can I do?

I've mounted the HTC as a disk. I'm running Windows XP.

Do I need a driver?

sagefire21 is offline   Reply With Quote