View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 05:09 PM   #8
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbergman View Post
Since the apple TV seems to have earned universal disdain, I'm wondering what you would suggest for someone that want near instant rental access to the latest releases of movies?
Something that avoids going out to Blockbuster or waiting for a Netflix dvd to arrive?

Tom
I wouldn't say that the Apple TV has earned universal disdain. I have one and it does most of the job that I need it to. If all you want is rental access, then apple TV works just fine. Heck, most cable networks have decent rental now. The real issue is content. Studios have not release a lot of their backlist in a digital format for downloading, thus there are quite a few movies that no one has. As far as I can tell, iTunes and Netflix digital download have fairly similar catalogs.

My only issue with Apple TV is two fold. First, it doesn't support audible audio books and second it doesn't support Pandora.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote