View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 03:49 PM   #87
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by cearbhallain View Post
I wish I could read in French. I know from experience that a good translation of Dumas makes *all* *the* *difference*. Now if I could only remember which translation of CoMC I read in high school...The best Three Musketeers was the one my mom had from college (back in the early 60's). My daughter has run off with it, so I can't tell anyone which one it was now. I'll give everyone this tip though: If you're not laughing by the third page, get a different one. The Three Musketeers is hilarious, which fact serves to offset the tragedy of the story.
Hm... maybe I should give this book another chance. A specific translation you, or anyone else can recommend? Preferably available here on MobileRead or from another free host?

ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote