Thread: ADE error
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 11:06 PM   #1
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
ADE error

Recently I have been getting the following error when downloading books from both Kobobooks.com and the library.

Error creating backup file: C:\Users\myname\Documents\My Digital Editions\backup_manifest.xml
Error detail: Error #2038

It used to happen about once a month or so but now it seems to happen almost 50% of the time. It's driving me insane as sometimes I need to download the book again and then I end up with multiple copies of the book.

I used to think it happened with books that I "bought" from Kobo without paying (ie either free books or books where I used a discount code that reduced the price to zero.) However I now think that was just a coincidence because as it has become more frequent it has occurred both with real purchases and also with library books.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get rid of this error?

Thanks
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote