View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Do you have metadata management set to automatic?
Yes I do have metadata management set to automatic. I will do any tests you think may be useful.

Quote:
If so, then if you run calibre under debug mode and plug in the device, do you see the plugboard lines in the debug log?
Sorry... please remind me what to type on the commandline to do this.

To be going on with...

Quote:
The definitive test, assuming metadata management is automatic, would be to start calibre, plug in the device, wait for the connection to stabilize, then capture a copy of the DB.
Contents of database/cache in attached file Before.zip

Quote:
Next eject the device, stop calibre, let the device finish its business, then plug the device in again without starting calibre. Capture the DB at this point and compare them. This would tell us what the reader changed after disconnecting from calibre.
Contents of database/cache in attached file After.zip

I see no sign of "Hobbit, The" anywhere in media.xml, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

The plugboard must be working - at least to some extent - because as you can see in the images I attached earlier - authors has been correctly replaced by author_sort and Title has been correctly replaced with the composite of (abbrev series_name series_index - title)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Before_cache.zip (7.9 KB, 274 views)
File Type: zip After_cache.zip (7.9 KB, 272 views)
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote