View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 10:24 AM   #1
Peripathetic
Enthusiast
Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Cool Customizing the Tolino

While the firmware on the Tolino is quite usable the way it is, and compares favorably to the locked-down competition, it still feels good being able to customize it a bit. So, let's share some ideas what to do and how to do it.

In my case, I like the default reader app, so don't really want to switch to a third-party one at this point, but also have no need for any of its online features and would just like to simply use it as a reader for ePub files I put there on my own.

Here is what I've done so far, with instructions:
I've also been considering the following if I have the time to do it later:
  • Make the reader app default to my custom font when opening new books
  • Prevent Android icon from showing up when MTP is connected
  • Add more book covers to the home screen now that there's more space on it after the store is gone
  • Change boot logo (don't really mind the current one though)
What are the things you did to make your Tolino work better for you?

Last edited by Peripathetic; 02-09-2020 at 04:49 PM.
Peripathetic is offline   Reply With Quote