View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 04:55 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkiazd View Post
Still, it remains strange that KevinH Tipp with the path fade-in is only shown when Sigil is opened without epub. With loaded epub the path disappears.
Huh. Paths don't disappear. If the preference setting is set to show full paths, the full path is shown. If a loaded epub shows "No path" when that setting is enabled, then you've just opened an epub that has no folders. The html is in the root of the archive.

Quote:
Furthermore I don't find it logical that if you manually set the complete shortcut \OEBPS\, which is not wrong, a shortcut error occurs anyway.
But it IS wrong if the epub has no OEBPS folder. Which is what it sounds like you've run into.

Quote:
You can't right click in an xhtml and link or insert the stylesheet path, which would be the easiest way. If that should work - what am I doing wrong?
I've no idea. Because I right-click on an xhtml file in Book Browser and link an existing stylesheet all the time.

Mainly, I think what you're doing wrong is thinking of the folders in Book View as a physical folder structure. They're not. They may mirror the physical structure of the epub, but the don't have to. The folder in Book View are virtual groupings of filetypes. And that's really always been the case. We've merely changed it so epubs are no longer forced to match that virtual structure physically.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-13-2020 at 04:59 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote