View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 07:15 AM   #97
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Bookpossum, your reaction was enough for me to unblock ads (temporarily) so I could read the article. My goodness, they don't hold back, do they. I ended up skimming as the article seemed to repeat itself a lot. The article might be an ad for a biography, given the signature line - I wonder if it was paid for. I can only hope the book provides more references. I am a little surprised they weren't nicer about him, the description seems to have him matching everything that the Daily Mail celebrates.

No idea whether it's factual about Greene, but it's about where I see Bendrix headed.

Thanks for the links, Victoria.
Apologies gmw. I realised I had unintentionally ignored your comment to me in answering Victoria's response.

I get the impression that the journo used the publication of Greene's letters as an excuse to write this really scurrilous piece about him. I did have a look for reviews of the volume, and it sounds to be very interesting and well edited by Richard Greene (who isn't related).

You can see where the term "gutter press" came from!

Christmas Day is due to start shortly here, so best wishes for Christmas to everyone!

Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote