View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #1
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Bug in epub metadata writer? Invalid attribute role="aut"

After saving to disk, or using kiwidude's Modify epub plugin with update metadata, I get the error 'The "role" attribute is not an allowed attribute of the <creator> element.' when validating (FC and epubcheck). This is the offending line in content.opf:
Code:
    <dc:creator xmlns:ns1="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" ns1:file-as="Last, First" role="aut">Last, First</dc:creator>
Prior to updating metadata the file had an empty creator tag. Changing the offending attribute to ns1:role="aut" (specifying namespace?) fixes the problem.

In a fresh install of calibre portable I observe the same error when saving to disk. Am I doing something strange, or did I stumble upon a calibre bug?

The attached file will reproduce the problem (for me) if added to an empty library and then saved to disk.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Testbook_role_auth.epub (39.6 KB, 298 views)

Last edited by Man Eating Duck; 09-26-2012 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Added example file
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote