Thread: Sci-Fi/Fantasy
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 01:25 PM   #55
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Doesn't usually worry me much because so much science fiction is really fantasy anyway - according to my tastes. (Edited to add: It always seemed to me that a light-sabre was just another name for "magic sword". I'm fine with that, just don't try to glorify it as "science". And warp speed is just a magical way of getting somewhere quickly. And in one episode of Dr Who, Dr Who himself admits: "I didn't want to say magic door.")
Same here. I like both genres and they sometimes overlap like with Star Wars.
conan50 is offline   Reply With Quote