View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 11:17 PM   #18
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drezin View Post
Thanks for the other side of the story, daffy4u. But is what I've read about the screen (fading, washing out in sunlight) true?
Drezin, If you go and read the Amazon reviews, you will definitely find a few from owners who had this issue. This is how I first found out about the screen fade issue with Kindles. It isn't clear to me if it is something that affects all E-ink displays in all reader, all Kindle E-ink displays or only certain Kindle displays.

The person whose review I read exchanged his Kindle thrice and he still had the issue in all three but the third one didn't fade as much so he kept it. Of course there are a lot of happy kindle owners out there and it is most likely a defect with some Kindles and not all...although on the flip side, not many Kindle owners are necessarily reading in direct sunlight all the time.
orion2001 is offline   Reply With Quote