View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 05:36 AM   #9
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
And for the picnic lunch, ... tofu sticks.

This thread brings to my mind a live scene happened under my very eyes:
Chioggia, just south of Venice. In the middle of the summer. Big crowd around a huge frying pan where little fishes are fried and nice platters are given for free to the bystanders, mostly tourist, with plastic cups of excellent white. An initiative of the tourist board.

A lady tourist, foreigner, says to the cook, dressed like a sailor, that is pouring still jumping tiny fishes in the hot pan.

Good man, oh the little fishes, how much they must suffer!

And in his sweet dialect he replies

Don't you worry, kind lady. They are used to it...

And hands her a nice platefull of the little culprits.
I got an other plastic cup of white. Un'ombra, a shadow, they call it in that part of the world. That like a shadow insinuates into you and undoes the knots and kinks into smooth serendipity.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote